Slideshow Widget

My Surprise Baby Shower

Friday, December 6, 2013

Lillien's Baby Shower 11.02.13


You see, initially my baby shower was planned for the ninth of November. I, unlike most, hate surprises. So naturally, leave it up to Jon to plan me just that. It was the morning of the second and Jon insisted we get up early and run some errands. Run to the bank, stop at Barnes and Nobles, etc. I didn't really wanna go with him but since he was working all week, I thought i'd try to spend as much time with him as possible. Even if it was just watching him get his haircut. We finally get home and SURPRISE!

I apologize ahead of time for the quality of the pictures. These were all sent to me by my guests. They were all cell phone shots. I would really like to start using the dslr but i'm still using my iphone without editing. Call me a lazy ass! Okay back on track. I know its hard to tell but that's me in the back there being bombarded with silly string! The culprit in front is Jon stuck in the crossfire.

I walk up the stairs and greet my loved ones. I see all the decorations and gifts and am so overcome. I was happy, in awe, and definitely in shock.

To my left there was a huge table of gifts and a beautiful spread of sugary confections. Here! Have a look!




I cannot stress, nor can pictures express, how beautiful the sweets looked.


And last but not least, just to the left of the cake were the cutest favors. They were mason jars filled with candies for my guests. They were so simple yet so cute! Everything was just my style.


Besides the decadent sweets, the party was also loaded with games. We played baby shower bingo, guess the flavor of baby food, and pin the spermie on the egg? I've never heard of that one but it was extremely entertaining. Check out the fun!



Where do you think Melanie is headed in that last picture?

After all the fun games, here I am opening all my goodies!


I wish I could show you everything I got but forgetful me forgot to snap a shot of it all!

But here are just a few flicks of me with family and friends at the party!



After most of my guests left, my family decided to stay a bit longer. We watched some tv, played some video games and went out to eat.


We even got the kids to clean! As you can see I was not opposed to the idea!


I am so grateful to everyone that was able to make it. With my family all overseas I was feeling a bit down that they would be missing my shower. But, I honestly forgot all that and had the best time. I want to thank my hubby and all my friends who made this party possible and was able to keep it a secret! Even with all my badgering! I wish I had more pictures of everyone but, I was having so much fun I totally forgot to take pictures!!

My only regret was that my close close friend couldn't make it. She was planning to come but last minute got stuck in a sticky situation. She has been there for me during all the rough weeks of this pregnancy. I can't thank her enough. I'm sure I would not have been able to deal with myself and my hormones without her. But I hope to see her soon.

All in all, I had the best baby shower anyone could ever dream of.

Blessed.


Cheers.

Post a Comment