Slideshow Widget

The Giving Tree

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Over the weekend Jon and I headed over to Barnes and Nobles, straight to the children's section. Last time we were here perusing books about pregnancy and motherhood/fatherhood. This is when we bought the pregnancy bible: What to Expect When You're Expecting. But this time around, we were able to focus more on what we wanted to share with our bohk-soong-ah.


Goodnight Moon. Corduroy. The Hungry Caterpillar. We saw all our childhood favorites. You should've seen Jon. He couldn't take his eyes off anything. Every other book he found must have brought back wonderful memories and he would just sit right down to read them once more. He'd come up to me saying how much he couldn't wait for bohk-soong-ah to get here. How he wanted to be the one to help experience and show bohk-soong-ah new and beautiful things. It's moments like these that make me realize just how much of an awesome father Jon is going to be.

We then went down to TJMaxx. I was looking to find some comfortable home dresses or shirts to wear around the house. Fail. I'll have to try Marshalls next week. However, while looking around we came across the baby section and... SCORE! We saw books! Books for cheap! Books on clearance! Now these weren't just books you've never heard of, these were the ones we grew up with! Velveteen Rabbit. See Spot Run. Madeline.


A Light in the Attic. Where the Sidewalk Ends. The Giving Tree. Shel Silverstein. Another fond memory for Jon and I. So how could we resist, we just had to bring them home. Besides, The Giving Tree was only three dollars on clearance. We bought a couple more books, did a bit more shopping, and excitedly headed on home to read them once more.

As my 19th week of pregnancy approaches, I get more and more anxious to see my sweet, sweet bohk-soong-ah. My nervousness calms down and my insecurities lessen. I'm preparing to be the best mother I can be. To give my child every opportunity to be happy, catch dreams, and be loved.

My little Bohk-soong-ah...

Listen to the Mustn'ts

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child,
Listen to the DON'Ts
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me-
Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be.

-Shel Silverstein

Mamma loves you..

Cheers.

Post a Comment