Slideshow Widget

Rain Rain Go Away

Thursday, August 1, 2013


... come again some other day


As you can see, its a pretty gloomy day outside. The photo doesn't show actual rainfall, but trust me its coming. I'm usually a huge fan of rain but pregnancy has gotten me a bit moody. It's another long day for Jon. He's on a show called Hostages and will be working well through the night. If I'm lucky he'll be home by three in the morning.

I have my pup to keep me company. He's definitely a handful. Mochi's only 11 months now. He's a free spirit, my Mochi. When he's not barking or causing trouble, pup's attempting to gnaw off my toe.


Hence, the Taekwondo outfit

It amazes me that out of all his toys we bought him. Keyword: Bought. He still favors his old leftover empty Powerade bottle. He kicks it around all day. Chasing and pouncing. A Day in the Life of Mochi: Eat . Play. Love. This too could be a major motion picture. Hollywood, get at me!


With hubby at work, Mochi on my toe, and the rain steadily drizzling.. my mind starts to wander. These days the rain always brings about mixed emotions. Primarily about wifedom and motherhood. It's days like these I wish my mom and granny haven't moved away. (But, i'll save that for another day)

Why is it that we remember the most seemingly consequential things in life?

Because ultimately, its the small things that matter. Am I correct? Our little world is built on the relationships that exist within ourselves and the people, objects, and events that swirl chaotically around. The best of us recognize and acknowledge these peculiarities as the "human" force in human nature and social activities. A touch, a kiss, a heartfelt letter, a simple hello, a warm smile.

The worst of us takes things for granted. Completely selfish and self indulgent. This is usually accompanied by an oversized ego. Often spoiled like there is no tomorrow. Yes, you know what I'm talking about. I try to be patient. Yet, I realize I am often one too.

Let's face it. Life, though sweet, is by far from perfect. I live for the days that make my heart flutter. All this while reminding myself that there is no way I can make a difference in the world if I, myself, cannot seem to change.

Fill your thoughts and life with happiness for life as you know it is just too short for petty drama.

Cheers.

Post a Comment