Slideshow Widget

Spam

Friday, August 2, 2013

.. and i'm not talking about the kind that pops up in your inbox more times than you could wish for. I'm talking about SPAM. Yeah, that's right! You got it! That fantastic salty hunk of meat? that comes in a tin.


Surprising as it may seem, I was never in LOVE with Spam. I haven't had too many cravings since I got pregnant. Mainly just fruits and fresh vegetables. Meat is something I almost never crave. Crave is an understatement actually. I've been loathing meat. BUT! I woke up today with this strong craving for Spam. Spam and rice. Spam and eggs. Spam in jjigae. Jjigae is the korean word for stew. As you know, spam is rich in sodium.. and probably every other bad thing you can think of. Plus hot dogs, and deli meat are all off limits for the next few months. So, I can cross Spam right off my list. I don't think i've ever wanted a hot dog so bad. I mean for me to crave Spam. Whoa! Speaking of which ...

Ode to Spam

I have a bit of fat, a mere 16 grams
I'm not quite beef and not quite ham
Take a good while, can you guess what I am?
I'm that marvelous thing, we all call Spam

In a bowl or on a plate
By yourself or with a date
I'm that stuff that sure tastes great
But, the store is closing so don't be late

When you're out you'll have to stop
To grab a tin at the shop
For there is nothing that can top
Spam in kimchi bokkeum bap

Whether the President or a stripper
For my meat, you'll be a sucker
And with kimchi jjigae, you'll start to pucker
As you throw me in that *ucker

And now you go to heat the pan
You peel the lid back from my can
And yell, "Spam Spam Spam, you are the man
This little gook's your number one fan!


Happy Friday friends!

Cheers.

Post a Comment